Cooookieesss😍 Cookies are great…#amIright? These I made using Arrowroot starch…which is a healthier alternative to cornstarch. It makes for a thick and chewy cookie👌🏼Even my kids ❤️ them 🤗Score!!
Also you can swap the white whole wheat flour for all purpose if needed. You could also use oat flour but may need to increase the liquids slightly.
Healthy Soft ‘n Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 18 cookies
* 2 cups White Whole Wheat flour
* 1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
* 1 ½ tsp Arrowroot flour (find at vitacost.com)
* ¼ tsp salt
* 1/3 cup coconut oil
* 2 egg whites, room temperature
* 1 tbsp unsweetened cashew milk
* 4 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 cup coconut sugar
* 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, arrowroot, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil and egg whites until fluffy. Whisk in the cashew milk and vanilla extract. Stir in the coconut sugar. Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated.
3. Fold in the choco chips. Cover the top with plastic wrap, and chill for at 20-30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
5. Roll the chilled cookie dough into balls, and place on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten slightly. Bake at 350°F for 9-11 minutes. Don’t over bake!!! You rather them look slightly undercooked.
6. Remove from the oven and cool.
Macros per cookie: 6g fat/24g carbs/2g protein.
See more of my recipes and daily eats through my Instagram blog: @cleanNdirtytreats