I’m using NuNaturals Dutch Processed Cocoa in this recipe. It is so rich you only need to use half of what you would need using regular unsweetened cocoa! It’s a must try!
Also adding About Time Protein Whey Isolate bumps up the protein content to help you feel full longer…and not end up eating the whole batch! Now that’s a great thing since its bathing suit season! ☺️
Healthy Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Squares
1 scoop About Time Vanilla Whey Isolate
Get 25% off with coupon code ‘cleanNdirtytreats’ at checkout!
4 tbsp NuNaturals Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder (very rich!)
1 cup coconut flour
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pumpkin spice, opt
1 large egg
1/2 cup unsweetened cashew milk
Protein Icing (opt):
1/2 scoop About Time Vanilla Whey Isolate mixed with 2 tsp unsweetened cashew milk to thicken just enough.
1. Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 8×8 inch cake pan with oil cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Next, place wet ingredients in a large bowl and mix together until smooth. Then, add dry ingredients to the same bowl and mix until combined.
3. Pour batter into pan and use a spatula to spread out evenly.
4. Bake at 350º for approx 40 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and let cool.
6. Top with protein icing. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Information per square:
Calories: 157, Fat: 2.5, Carbohydrates: 27, Sugar: 17, Fiber: 8.5, Protein: 7