Healthy Peanut Fluffernutter Pie
This delicious Fluffernutter Pie is secretly healthy! The peanut butter crust is like a giant peanut butter cookie…soft, sweet and flavorful. The peanut butter filling is thick, rich and packed with peanut butter. YUM!!
The fluff is optional, and you can top with whipped cream also. But if you’d like to make your own homemade fluff, see my recipe HERE. I have a sugar free fluff recipe in the works, so stay tuned!!
2+1/4 cups Powdered Peanut Butter (I like PB Sweet from Sweet Spreads)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1+1/4 cups Unsweetened Cashew Milk (or milk of choice)
2 tsp butter extract
Peanut Butter Filling:
2 cups Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
1+1/4 cups Powdered Peanut Butter
(15% off code: BLG0616 at NuNaturals.com and FREE shipping in US for orders over $35)
1/2 cup + 2 tbs Unsweetened cashew Milk (or milk of choice)
1/3 cup Natural Peanut Butter (no sugar/oil added)
1 tsp Psyillium husk (used to firm up filling)
Homemade Fluff (recipe HERE) or you can just use whipped cream.
For the Peanut Butter Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350F and spray a 9 inch springform pan with cooking spray (I also lined with parchment paper)
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the powdered peanut butter, stevia, baking powder and salt.
- Add the milk and butter extract to the bowl then fold together with a rubber spatula. It should look like a thick peanut butter cookie dough.
- Scoop the dough into the prepared pan and flatten it out with the rubber spatula. Gently press the dough up the sides of the springform pan to make “walls” for the crust, then smooth out the tops of the “walls” so it looks even.
- Bake the crust for approx 17 minutes (the center of the crust may balloon up in the middle, but will deflate when remove from oven).
- Let the crust cool, then refrigerate it while you make the filling.
- For the Peanut Butter Filling:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, powdered peanut butter, stevia, cashew milk and peanut butter.
- Add the psyllium husk and whisk well.
- Scoop the filling into the pie crust and refrigerate for 2+ hours.
- Slice and serve with fluff, whipped cream, chopped peanuts, chocolate chips, etc!
Macros without fluff: 206 cal/9g fat/18g carbs/20g protein per slice (Makes 12 slices).
This recipe is: eggless, gluten free, refined sugar free, low carb, high fiber and high protein!