I absolutely L-O-V-E pizza!!! I love caprese salad too! The sauce, the cheese, the sweet & salty taste just makes me happy 🙂 But since I need to watch my fat intake, I opted to create a low fat delicious and healthy version. Best of all….it has to be quick & easy! Since I get to eat this post workout, I need it in my belly PRONTO!
Here’s the simple recipe that literally takes a couple of minutes when using leftover protein, like chicken, beef or turkey. For this recipe, I used leftover ground turkey, but lean ground beef or grilled chicken would be just as yum!
HEALTHY CAPRESE PIZZA
1 Flat Out Artisan Thin Pizza Crust, Rosemary & Olive Oil flavor (but any flavor will work)
1/4 cup jar of Pizza Sauce (I used Publix store brand)
2 oz leftover 99% lean ground turkey, crumbled (or use more to fit your protein needs)
1/2 cup Kraft Fat Free Shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 small Roma tomato, sliced
Few leaves of Fresh Basil
Drizzle of Balsamic Vinegar
Salt, Pepper and Garlic powder (opt)
1. Bake the crust at 375F for about 6 min to get crispy.
2. Remove from oven (I even used a toaster oven!) and add pizza sauce, and ground turkey.
3. Top with cheese and then tomato slices.
4. Season with salt, pepper, & garlic powder.
5. Return to oven to bake for 5 more minutes until the cheese is melted.
6. Remove from oven and top with basil and drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
7. Slice and enjoy the whole thing!
Macros for the whole pizza (serves 1):
324 calories/ 6g fat/ 35g carbs/ 38g protein/ 7g sugar/ 4g fiber.