Aw, my little Rudolph is adorable! Aaaaand tasty 😉
This was a fun holiday treat! First I made my sugar free marshmallows, then used Amber Lyn Chocolates No Sugar Added Milk Chocolate Chunks, pretzels for the antlers, sprinkles for the eyes, tiny pieces of my kids’ red fruit snacks 😉 but you can use any type of red candy (Hot Tamales, etc), and a little bow to dress him up!
Here’s how to make the Sugar Free Marshmallows:
2 packets of unflavored gelatin
1/2 c cold water
1 c Swerve erythritol (you can can sub in stevia)
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg white
1/2 c Amber Lyn No Sugar Added Milk Chocolates (get 10% off your order on their site using code: cleanNdirtytreats!)
Red Candies, or fruit snacks
1. Pour 1/4 cup water into a mixer. Sprinkle gelatin on top. Let sit to soften.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1/4 cup water, simple syrup, erythritol, and salt in a pan while stirring to dissolve the sweetener. Then turn the heat to med-high. Place a candy thermometer in the pan, and wait for the mixture to reach 240F.
3. Once it reaches 240F, pour onto gelatin in the mixer. Stir to dissolve. Place mixer on high for at least 6-8 minutes, or until the mixture (fluff) has doubled in size.
4. Meanwhile, beat egg white until soft peaks are formed.
5. When the fluff is ready, pour in egg white and vanilla. Beat until mixed.
6. Quickly pour fluff mixture onto a parchment paper lined 8×8 pan. Spread evenly.
7. Dust the top with powdered erythritol sweetener.
8. Refrigerate for several hours before cutting.
Once you are ready to cut your marshmallows, melt about 1/2 cup Amber Lyn Chocolates No Sugar Added Milk Chocolate Chunks. Dip your marshmallows in the chocolate, stick with lollipop sticks, and place on a pan lined with parchment. Add your reindeer’s eyes, nose and pretzel antlers. The antlers were tricky but just aim to cut them in half. I used regular store brand mini pretzels. Refrigerate to set up.
Add your now and whala!!! Rudolph is sugar free!!
I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Thank you all for enjoying my recipes!!