Happy National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day!
Only 8g net carbs & Dairy Free!
What?? Yes! I have always been curious about cheesecakes made with cashews instead of cream cheese! It sounded so odd, yet so intriguing. It completely eliminates the use of any dairy products, including eggs. You can almost call it a No Bake Cheesecake! The only thing I baked was the Cinnamon Almond Crust. I think it beats the typical graham cracker crust, and smells amazing while it bakes in the oven.
So for this Fake Cheesecake recipe, no diary is used and it’s low carb with added protein. Healthy fats from the almonds and cashews, to the fiber and vitamins of the pumpkin, to the low sugar low carb protein powder…this Pumpkin Cheesecake is truly a guilt free dessert! Perfect for this NATIONAL PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE DAY! And also for Halloween 🙂
Guilt Free Pumpkin Protein Cheesecake
Cinnamon Almond Crust:
1 1/4c almond flour
1 1/2 tbsp stevia
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp coconut oil
Pumpkin “Cheese”cake filling:
1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
1 1/2 c canned pumpkin
1/4 c stevia
1/4 c water
1/4 c coconut oil
2 scoops About Time Vanilla Whey Protein ->Use code: cleanNdirtytreats to get 25% off your order at TryAboutTime.com
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
Chocolate Ganache Swirl (opt):
– Line a 9″ springform pan with parchment paper. I trace the pan on the paper with a pencil then cut it out. I place the cut out paper into the bottom of the pan (see above picture). It makes for easy removal of the cheesecake slices.
– Combine all the crust ingredients into a bowl and stir.
– Press crust mixture into springform pan.
– Bake for 12 minutes.
For the filling:
– Combine all in a food processor and blend until smooth.
– Pour mixture into the cooled baked crust.
– Heat chocolate chips and oil in the microwave for 30 seconds. Swirl on top. Use a toothpick to create the spider web effect!
– Place in freezer for about 2 hours to set.
– Store in fridge until ready to serve!
Serves 12. Macros per serving: 239 calories, 18g fat, 11g carbs, 3g fiber, 5g sugar, 9g protein.